Actually, the history of the Stage Songs Review began with a singing contest. Not just singing: the clue is interpretation, idea and charisma in performing a song.
For many years the contest was just for Polish singers and actors. From 2010 on it has become an international event: the first foreign artist to be awarded with Grand Prix was Zvezdana Novaković from Slovenia, daringly performing songs by Kurt Schwitters and Georgios Aperghis.
The Contest consists of three stages. In the first two stages, the performers are assessed by the Artistic Council, in the Finale – by the Jury.
– Stage I – auditions without an audience – February 2 and 3, 2020
– Stage II – March 21, 2020
– Stage III, the Finale – March 27, 2020
Awards in the Contest
It’s 3 thousand zlotys for each participant in the Competition qualified for the Finals, and then for the winners:
- Grand Prix – Golden Toucan statuette and 25 thousand zlotys
- Toucan of Journalists statuette
- Toucan of Audience statuette
- The Society of Authors ZAiKS award for the best performance of a Polish song – 10 thousand zlotys
- award of the Polish-German Polonica Cultural Association – 4 thousand zlotys with an invitation to participate in the 28th edition of the Rock & Chanson Festival in Cologne
- award of the Polish Song Museum in Opole – 50 hours of a recording session in the Recording Studio (including recording, mix and mastering)
- Radio RAM award – a RAM Session concert organized in Wrocław and broadcast on 89.8 FM and on the Internet